Seasonal Lifeguard Job Fair, May 23, 2018- up to $1000 New Hire Bonus
As part of Disney’s Big Spring Hiring Event, we invite you to explore our world of opportunities and apply to become a lifeguard today!
With 5 beaches, 10 marinas, more than 50 resort pools and two water parks, the Walt Disney World® Resort has everything from lazy rivers to wave pools to make Guests’ dreams come true. Lifeguard responsibilities include ensuring the well-being of our Guests, keeping pool areas clean, answering Guest questions, providing information and assisting in boat or towel rentals. Lifeguards may also have the opportunity to work in a variety of locations throughout property and in different positions, including Pool Attendant, Slide Operations and Marina Operations. Certification training is provided and conducted over three consecutive days weekly. Walt Disney World® Resort Lifeguards are eligible for paid training with Ellis and Associates, Inc.
The Walt Disney World Resort invites you to be our Guest and explore Lifeguard opportunities at our upcoming Job Fair on Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park.
Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to interview on site with the required swim test conducted during the event.
We currently have available:
Full Time which requires full availability for any shift, any day, including nights, weekends, and holidays
Part Time which requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of Three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays
When: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 from 4:30pm-7:30pm
Where: Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
1145 East Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Please note: If you are not able to attend the event on the specified date you can apply by clicking the following link.
Lifeguard Hosts and Hostesses receive a starting rate of $10.25/hour for shallow water, and $11.25/hour for deep water.
$1000 New Hire Bonus Incentive for Full Time & Part Time opportunities
$500 New Hire Bonus Incentive for Seasonal opportunities
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 30 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 90 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 90 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 30 and 90-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice.
Lifeguard responsibilities include ensuring the well-being of our Guests, keeping pool areas clean, answering Guest questions, enforcing policies, rules and regulations of Recreation locations. Other Responsibilities include:
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergency situations
- Enforce policies, rules and regulations of the Recreation locations
- Participate in regular in-service training
- Dispatch Guests at various Slide Locations
- Clearing pool deck of used towels, lifejackets, and trash
- Switching out used and clean towel bins
- Meeting and Greeting Pool Guests
- Proactively address guest needs by answering questions, giving directions and other information regarding the hotel/resort or surrounding areas
- Ensure the safety of Guests, may be a first responder to emergency situations
- Maintain overall upkeep of all cabanas
- Full-Time requires full availability for any shift, any day, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Part-Time requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of Three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays
- Strong observational skills to proactively identify Guest needs and ensure safety guidelines are being followed
- Strong verbal communication skills (able to positively engage with Guests, team members, and management)
Physical demands include:
- Ability to swim 200 yards (ability to swim 8 lengths continuously)
- Perform work that may involve lifting Guests, in and out of the pool up to 100 lbs or more with assistance
- Lifeguard training is provided and must be successfully completed
- Previous Lifeguarding or Swimming Instructor experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
IMPORTANT: You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.